Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Day in the Life of a Stay-At-Home-College-Student-Mother

8:30 am - Kick blankets off.

8:32 am - Have Fiance put blankets back on.

8:33 am - Kick blankets off again.

8:34 am - Fiance puts blankets on again, groans, and make sure I can't get out of blankets again, though I manage to wiggle a foot free.

9:45 am - Awoken by "I'm awake!" from Little Miss' room. Groan. Shove Fiance to get out of bed, only to have him shove me back.

10:00 am - Fiance's alarm goes off. He gets up and goes get Little Miss, I go downstairs and pull out milk and chop up bananas into cereal.

10:15 am - Fiance leaves for work. By this time Spongebob is on and while I'm trying to find my planner, Little Miss is chowing down on cheerios with bananas and blueberries, and a nice tall cup of milk.

10:30 am - 2 pm - Little Miss runs around strewing various toys around the house, while I attempt to do homework, but instead end up having to chase her around the house to make sure she doesn't destroy everything.

2:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Quiet time. Little Miss plays quietly in her room and I play on Facebook do a little bit of homework or housework without having her get underfoot.

4:00 pm - 5:00 pm - I start to cook dinner.

5:00 pm - 5:30 pm  - Little Miss and I eat dinner and watch an episode of Dora or Spongebob.

5:30 pm - 6:50 pm - She plays or we watch a movie.

6:50 pm - 7:00 pm - Brush teeth, put on pajamas, and read a bedtime story.

7:00 pm - Bedtime! The best part of the day.

7:00 pm - 9:00 pm - Homework

9:00 pm: Fiance comes home, usually bearing pizza.

9:30 pm - 1 am - Watch TV or a movie with Fiance until one or both of us pass out/drag the other to bed.

Of course, sometime between the time we go to bed, and the time we wake up, Little Miss usually wakes up with a wet diaper or a bad dream, in which case we're up with her until we can convince her to go back to sleep. Or she'll use the curtains to climb out of bed and come into our room to inform us that she had a good nap.

Silly, silly child.

No comments:

Post a Comment